Lantern Making Workshops
We hold a number of Lantern making workshops in the run up to the Parade, including a number of open workshops at different venues that are open to all, with materials provided – all we ask is a small donation. We suggest £3-5 for a small lantern which requires one light.
Come along to one of our open public workshops to make a lantern in preparation for the parade. All materials are provided and all are welcome. Dates confirmed for 2019 are:
- Sunday 3rd November, 1pm-4pm, Wiltshire Museum
- Saturday 9th November, 1.30pm-4pm, Wiltshire Museum
- Friday 15th November, 6-8.30pm, The Shambles
- Tuesday 19th November, 6-8.30pm, The Shambles
- Saturday 23rd November, 1-4pm, St John’s Parish Rooms
- Sunday 24th November, 1-4pm, Wiltshire Museum
- Wednesday 27th November, 6-8.30pm, The Shambles
Sign up to workshops using form below and let us know which you plan to attend.
If you are unable to make our workshops but want to take part in the parade, then we will be introducing ‘Make Your Own’ kits this year for £10 each – we will provide you with the materials and instructions to make a basic lantern, including one lamp, – contact us for more information or to request a set.
We can supply additional lights for larger lanterns, these cost £3 each and include batteries so are reusable.
Workshops in Schools
Each year we also work with local schools and community groups to help them to put on their own workshops. Schools that have confirmed workshops for 2018 are:
- Chirton C of E Primary School
- Bishops Cannings C of E (Aided) Primary School
- Dauntsey Aided Primary School
- Nursteed Community Primary School
- Rowde C of E Primary Academy
- Southbroom Infants School
- Southbroom St James Academy
- St Barnabas CEVE Primary School
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
- Trinity CE Primary Academy
- Wansdyke School
Please contact the schools directly to find out about when they are running their workshops
If your school or group would like to take part in making lanterns and would like our support, please contact us to discuss setting up a workshop. We ask that you can guarantee a minimum of 10 people, and we ask for a small donation of towards the materials.