Are you our new Financial Trustee?
We are seeking a new Financial Trustee to join the DOCA family and help us to continue delivering exceptional outdoor arts events as we enter an exciting new chapter. If this sounds like you, or someone you know, we’d love to hear from you!
As our new Financial Trustee, you will become a key part of the team. You will oversee the financial operations of the charity in line with good practice and the legal obligations of the Charities Act, working closely with the Artistic Director and Board members to support our financial goals.
- A commitment to the mission, purposes and values of DOCA Devizes.
- Knowledge and understanding of current financial practice relevant to charities and related duties under the Charities Act.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties and responsibilities of trusteeship.
- Supportive of the Chair, fellow board members and the Artistic Director.
- Ability to challenge the views of other appropriately.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide-range of stakeholders.
- Willingness to attend monthly Board meetings in Devizes, and being available for and responding to telephone calls and emails from trustees and/or senior management, within reasonable timeframes.
- To support the Board to oversee and ensure appropriate presentation of budgets, accounts, management accounts and financial statements, ensuring that financial resources are spent in accordance with the Charity’s objectives, good governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Liaising, where applicable, with the Artistic Director and supporting on financial matters.
- Supporting the Board to monitor the financial viability of DOCA.
- Creating a conjunction with relevant senior staff around sound financial processes and procedures for the control of the charity’s assets.
- Protecting and managing the property of the Charity and ensuring proper investment of the Charity’s funds.
- Reviewing the annual accounts and liaising with DOCA’s external accountants to ensure the accounts are compliant with the current Charities’ SORP.
- Ensuring close working relationships with the internal audit team and sub-committees of the Board.
To apply, email your cover letter to email@example.com before 1pm on Saturday 1st July.